Saturday 16 July 2011

Out of my Comfort Zone...


Well I certainly am with this card!  Allsorts Challenge this week is Free and Easy so I thought I would try something a bit different and not use any paper but instead just use white card. Have you ever tried this? It's not as easy as I thought.  I made the rose whilst watching TV one night and the rest of the card was pretty quick to put together, just a bit of embossing and stamping and of course some ribbon (gotta have a bit of ribbon on my cards!)




I used WM Fancy Phrases for the sentiment (seriously the best buy ever I have used this set time and time again), and also Seasons of Love - you may just be able to see I have embossed this with white opaque powder it doesn't show up very well in the photo (click on the photos for a better view).  Ribbon is from Pretty Little Ribbon Shop it's a lovely organza stripe.  I used Spellbinders Rose Creations for the flower.

Thank  you so much for for taking the time to visit.

Sarah x  


3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about comfort zone, I had to do a white card recently ~ although we were allowed a coloured image, I found it so hard not to ink the edges, especially as I just love the distressed look. Anyway I think you have done a stunning job, It's beautiful.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning CAS card Sarah, less is definitely more sometimes and this is just beautiful!
    Thanks for entering our Free and Easy themed challenge this week at Allsorts and good luck!
    Love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful CAS card, Sarah. Love the white on white, and your opaque embossing looks fab! x

    ReplyDelete