Thursday 8 September 2011

Noel.....

We tend to receive a lot of Christmas cards with the word 'Noel' on every year, due to the fact that is it also my husband's name, so generally I tend to avoid making similar cards. I do have this one stamp which I rarely use so thought I would ink it up for a change. 



I used a lot of card scraps as I decorated the inside of the card as well, I cannot remember who makes the paper but I did manage to use up every last snippet of it. I tied a charm on using some bakers twine (I like using this on Christmas cards).






Inside I continued  and used one of my new stamps from here I enjoyed decorating the inside of the card but have to say the finished card does feel quite heavy!  And why stop at inside? I even added a bit of decoration to the back using another new stamp.



Challenges I am entering this card into are;

Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Truly Scrumptious - Decorate Inside of your Card
Stamptacular Sunday - The Sky's the Limit.

Circle stamps and bakers twine - the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop
paper and charm from stash

thanks for looking
Sarah x

12 comments:

  1. You are SO good at using up all your scraps! It's a stunning card inside and out (and back!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah

    This is just gorgeous I love the colours and your Noel stamp is stunning.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a lot of work has gone into this. It's really lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely delightful Sarah and such a lovely traditional feel to it.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful card, so stunning
    thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday for our "the sky the limit" challenge
    hugs
    céline SSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your 'Noel' has stamped out beautifully, Sarah. Lots of layers and lovely stitching, too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baeutiful creation Sarah! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Truly Scrumptious. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Christmas Card!! Love the colore!!

    Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and hope to see you in this week Sketch Challenge!

    Hugs Tine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card,lovely image and colour combo...Thanks for sharing with us at truly Scrumptious...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card Hun love the beautiful letters very fancy thank you for joining us at truly scrumptious this week for our challenge

    Wendy TS DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. A realy beautiful and elegant Christmas card! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious.
    hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete