Monday 12 September 2011

Pink Christmas.....

A Christmas card for a little girl just has to be pink don't you think? This card was made for my next door neighbours grandaughter, she spends a lot of time chatting away to us all, I think she can manage to get our life history in about 10 minutes! Each year I like to get her a special little gift at Christmas and make her a card, hence this pink one.



I did enjoy making this even though it's not really my usual style. I have been using this snowman stamp quite a lot lately, I paper pieced the scarf as my colouring skills are poor, I can just about manage the carrot nose!
The papers are a mixture I sorted out my box of 6x6 paper pads the other day and found a few old sheets that I threw in my scraps box. I used two on this card with lots of little scraps of pink papers too. More scraps of white card for the sentiment stamp (another favourite at the moment - you can find the full range HERE) and I finished off with some glitter card swirls.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges;

Stampin for the Weekend - Tickled Pink
Crafty catz Weekly Challenge - Ribbon
My Mum's craft shop challenge - Lots of Layers
Charisma Cardz -Inspred by a Song -'Frosty the Snowman'
Jules Crafty Snippets - Use up your snippets

Merry Christmas stamp and ribbon - Pretty Little Ribbon Shop
Papers from scraps box
snowman stamp - purple onion

Thank you so much for visiting,
Sarah x

18 comments:

  1. Perfect for a sweet little girl at Christmas, couldn't agree more. This is gorgeous, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful color and layout. Love the paper piecing for his scarf and the scrolls in the corner are just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at MMCS layer it up challenge, good luck and hope you'll join us again for our next challenge.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're miles in front of me with your Christmas cards, Sarah. I love this one for a little girl...and your paper pieced scarf looks so sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sarah

    Your card is fabulous and definately perfect for a little girl at Christmas. I love your paper pieced scarf and gorgeous papers, and what an adorable snowman.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas AND pink! love it :) Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week!
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah
    A gorgeous card love the paper and image thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah

    What a special Christmas card .. .. clearly for a special little girl!!

    I love your snippets and paper piecing!

    Thank you for keeping me company this week and sharing your snippet creation.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect pink card for a little girl - I'm sure she'll love it!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! thanks so much for joining our Inspired by a song challenge this week at Charisma Cardz! good luck carlyann xx (Charisma Cardz DT/Owner)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it, I love non-tradional Christmas cards and I love pink so your card's a big hit with me. thanks for playing with us at SFTW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it - and the paper piecing is terrific! Great way to use snippets :)) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great use of your snippets Sarah, love the colour. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How perfect the pink scarf and earmuffs look on the lovely snowlady! Just right for a little girl!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous snowman and great snippet make x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely use of snippets - perfect for a wee girl fixated on pink - as most of them seem to be :) Love the snowman's scarf. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty scarf, definitely a great way of using your snippets.

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute and sweet. The little girl is sure to love it.

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww this is sweet and i love paper piecing :o) Thanks for joining in our SFTW challenge, good luck! Kate x

    ReplyDelete