Tuesday 18 October 2011

White Christmas...

Gosh it's a week since I last blogged!!! Must try harder...  I've been a bit under the weather with migraine so I haven't been able to craft much. I'm feeling much better today so I got up early and  got out a new set of stamps  and got to work on a couple of Christmas gift bags and a card.



I was sent these sample paper bags and thought they would be ideal to alter for Christmas. I bought this gorgeous glittered vellum by Paperrmania recently - it is so sparkly and festive! I used some old glitter card and a sizzix snowflake die I have had for ages but rarely used.



 The embellishments in the centre are buttons from the Hobby House I cut the backs off and then used Glossy Accents to attach them. The sentiments are from my new Waltzingmouse sentiment set - Say it Loud Winter Holiday (love this set so much!). The ribbon is 38mm Sheer Ruffle Edge and it's so pretty!


I'm going to use these bags to hold perfume gifts for my daughters. I made one of their Christmas cards too this morning, doesn't it feel good when you manage to use some really old stash? I have two large boxes full of chipboard shapes and letters which I have had for quite a few years and I never use them anymore. I rummaged through and found some snowflakes too. I embossed the letters and snowflakes with white embossing powder and then embossed them again with this glittery embossing powder. They turned out really shimmery!





 Using a scrap of the vellum for the background, this card came together really quickly.   I haven't used a DL card for a long time  - we all love our square cards now don't we? Do you think I could spark a revival? Probably not  - lol!!!!

Challenges I would like to enter are;

charisma cardz - In Stitches
Ooh La La Creations - Let It Snow
Crafting when we can challenge -Christmas come early
The Crafty Pad - Monochromatic

Thanks for visiting!
Sarah x

13 comments:

  1. Hello Sarah

    Your little bags are gorgeous, I love the vellum and stunning snowflakes, and great idea for your Daughter's Christmas cards. I bet they will be thrilled to receive them especially as they are hand made by yourself.

    luvirene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow hun I love these, the vellum, snowflake and glitter detail is gorgeous, your girl will adore them, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Sarah,love them.Thanks for sharing with us at OLL.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow how gorgeous are they I would love to receive a gift in one
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah

    With a card this beautiful you could easily spark a revival!! How stunning!!

    Loving those chipboard letters and snowflakes.

    Loving your little bags too!!

    Beautiful work with gorgeous stitching and fabby vellum .. love everything.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the white on white look, so wintery and pretty! Have just written you a note about the Papermania vellum which I bought with you in mind to make your Christmas card!! Very glad you love it too lol!

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this white on white, so classic. Very nice bags. I'm working on a bag myself right now:) You've got the monochromatic theme working well here, just right for our challenge at The Crafty Pad this week. I wish you luck.
    Victoria Lavender

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful white work - absolutely stunning! :)

    Thanks so much for playing along at Charisma Cardz this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely creations!

    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad in Monochromatic challenge this week.

    Maggie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great bags and love the card.

    Thank you for joining us at CWWC

    ReplyDelete
  11. These bags are beautiful Sarah, and your daughters card is lovely too. So pleasing when you can use your stash!
    Hope your migraine has gone, I get them too so can sympathise with you on that. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are beautiful, Sarah. Love the white on white, and the white on kraft. Those snowflakes look fabulous, too:)

    PS...Sorry I'm late commenting, just about catching up with everything blog wise:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all so beautiful Sarah! I'm planning on making gift bags this year so thanks for the inspiration!

    Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La this week :)
    Lizy DT x

    ReplyDelete