Thursday 14 June 2012

I Made a Card!!

Hello there,

Ok so don't faint but I actually made a card! Actually I made a few but I will share the others on another day. 
I am so behind with my cards at the moment, but my daughter needed a few thank you cards for her teachers as she leaves 6th form college in a few days and will be starting University in September.  I made a few variations of this card in different colours, using up bits and pieces I had on my craft desk. ( Also had to make a male thank you card but I'm not sharing it as I wasn't happy with it.)



I love this stamp set from Waltzingmouse - Paris Nouveau, it has some lovely sentiments in it as well as some great Labels 25 compatible stamps too.  These scraps of aqua papers were already laying on my desk so I went with the colour and also added some aqua seam binding and lace as well as a few dew drops too.



  My husband recently made me a bow maker out of a piece of wood and some dowel so I am trying out different ways of tying my bows at the moment.




 Seam binding is still my preference for crafting as it is so flexible and versatile, and of course so cheap with so many gorgeous colours too. It works really well with the bow maker as it it so soft.

Stamps - Waltzingmouse
Seam Binding, lace and dew drops - Pretty Little Ribbon Shop

I'm entering this card into the following challenges;

Allsorts - Ice Cream Colours 
Penny Black and More - All my favourite things
My Mum's Craft Shop - Clean and Simple


Thanks for popping by!

Sarah x 

11 comments:

  1. Great card love the one colour used throughout gives it a very fresh feel...

    Thanks for joining in our ice cream colours challenge here at Allsorts...

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant Sarah and love the cool blues, works well with the image.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful French inspired card, Sarah. I love those stamps you used. Such a gorgeous color combo and pretty bow x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Sarah! I love that seam binding too! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Typical me Sarah, came and visited and totally forget to say thank you for joining in at Allsorts this week and Penny Black and More this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colours! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so gorgeous, just visited Eiffel Tower, so
    I luv this very much!

    Thank you for sharing this with us at Penny Black and More, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card - love the "pop" of aqua and the beautfiul seam binding x
    Thanks for playing along with us at MMCS challenge & good luck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tres chic! Thank you for joining us at Penny Black and More this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, thank you for sharing your favourite things over at Penny Black and More @ allsorts and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card & beautiful colours xx

    ReplyDelete