Wednesday 7 November 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge

Hi there,

Now don't faint I know blogging twice in one week is unheard of here!!

I need to get on with making my Christmas cards so what better way than to use a good sketch to get the inspiration going.  It's a while since I participated in the Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge but this week's sketch is such a lovely one it would have been rude not to play along.


I did turn the sketch on it's side for my card but I think that's allowed (hope so!)



Now I'm not sure just how festive this card is, I usually use lots of red and green for Christmas cards so this is a bit different for me.    I used Waltzingmouse Teeny Trees, this is such a versatile set with endless possibilities. I thought these trees had a Christmas tree kind of shape so opted for them, I sponged some distress ink onto the stamp to give it this softer effect then sponged a background using a piece of torn paper as a mask and various shades of green ink. I was really pleased with how this turned out.


I added some Stampendous shabby white embossing enamel which I heated from underneath to give the snowy effect.  I should have used a plainer scallop for my edges as I think this is a bit too fussy with the floral oval die.  Some button twine from the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop finishes off the card.  The sentiment is also from the  Teeny Tree set.


A quick reminder that there is a design team call over at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop blog, if you like using ribbons and pretty embellishments then check out the details HERE.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenge;

Creative Craft Challenges - Special Occasion (not Birthday)
Cupcake Challenge - Get Krafty

Thanks for popping by,
Sarah x 


16 comments:

  1. Oh I love the Teeny Trees stamped in neutral colors, just so serene! Love the background hills you created, too. The die cuts add so much elegance. Such a lovely design for a Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely Christmas card, just that bit different - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you used the sketch:) I am new follower, can't wait to see more of your work! I would love if you followed my blog as well:)lol

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the neutral colors and shading on the hills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab Krafty card :) Thanks for playing along with us at CCC -Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is BEAUTIFUL! Lovely soft colors~

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely Christmas card - very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This technique worked beautiful.. Misson accomplished - soft edges and such a dreamy look to the scene you created!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the soft neutral palette for your Christmas card - it has a lovely folksy feel. Love the effect with the embossing powder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely soft muted colours, Sarah! I love your snowy enamel technique...another gorgeous Christmas card:) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. super sweet card...hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a dream card Sarah, beautiful sponging, and I love the snow spots!! I gorgeous soft misty morning Christmas card! Thank you so much for playing along with our sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this neutral holiday card, this is really fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week on the Use Your Stuff blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. very elegant swetie!!Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!!
    hugs
    xMx

    you can visit
    http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
    and http://colorinkdigistamps.blogspot.gr/
    for my free digis!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic neutral coloured Christmas card. I love it. Also love your snow effect.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it... it is so soft and subtle and sort of dreamy looking...beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete