Saturday 26 January 2013

Waltzingmouse Christmas Card Challenge - 2013

Hello there,

Well so much for my New Year resolution to blog more often!!



Can you believe I have a Christmas card to share today?   I know it's only January and I should be making oodles of Birthday cards in preparation for the year but on the Waltzingmouse forum the Christmas card challenge is up and running for this year so I couldn't resist joining in.  This year it will be a bit different as there will be different hosts each month for the challenges (I'm lucky enough to be hosting one later in the year) but to start off the very talented Anya is hosting with a fabulous sketch;



I think my card is a loose interpretation of the sketch so I hope that will be ok!



It's a bit of a none traditional colour combination for one of my Christmas cards as I do like the traditional colours at Christmas but I started with this kraft tag and so the rest of the card evolved around that.

I used Seasonal Remedies for the tag, the snowflake was stamped from Nordic Winter and the sentiment from 2011 Holiday Ornaments. The layers were created using Spellbinders Marvellous Squares (I cannot put these dies down at the moment!)

If you like Waltzingmouse stamps do pop over to the forum and join in, it's very easy to join if you aren't already a member.



The paper is from Maya design, and the ribbons are Antique Gold silky crush ribbon and Sheer polka dot both are from the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop.

Stamps - Waltzingmouse
Ribbon and pearl - Pretty Little Ribbon Shop
Paper - Maya design from Live and Love Crafts

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges;

Crafts and Me - Vintage
Creative Inspirations - Anything goes


6 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous card.Such a pretty design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Christmas card Sarah, I love that nordic snowflake on this label, a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning design Sarah, I love the cas feel of it too...thanks for joining in with our Crafts & Me Challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creation, love your colour combo and layout, thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Nordic snowflake design Christmas card, Sarah. Your stamped image looks so lovely on Kraft card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, your beautifully placed stamped snowflake looks fabulous on this pretty and delicately layered kraft card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "vintage" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete