Sunday 10 February 2013

February Waltzingmouse Christmas Card Challenge

Hi there!

It's already time for February's Waltzingmouse Christmas card challenge, and I cannot believe that I have actually managed to make a card for day 1 of the challenge!


This month it's Lynn's turn to choose the challenge and she has asked us to include a heart somewhere on our card - well that is a challenge made in heaven for me!


I already had this heart stamp on my desk as I have used it for Valentine's cards so it was simple for me to make a card designed around it. I used a sentiment from the same set  - Seasons of Love which I stamped onto an oval die cut and then mounted onto the heart. 


I decided to keep the background white and just add some Pretty Ribbon - this is my new favourite - Wrinkle Edge Sheer - it ties the most beautiful bows and has a luxurious sheen to it so it is perfect for a bit of sparkle for Christmas.  I layered a strip of red satin ribbon on top and then embellished with a strip of 3mm red pearls.


This card was very quick to put together so it is great for duplicating at Christmas. 

Stamps - Waltzingmouse
Ribbon and pearl - Pretty Little Ribbon Shop



Why not pop over to the forum and join in? 
Thanks for visiting,
Sarah x 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. There is so much detail on this amazing design. Your ribbon and bow are truly striking! Well done with the challenge...and congratulations on adding to that Christmas card stash for December!

    ReplyDelete