Tuesday 12 February 2013

Lovin' this Stamp!...

Hello there.

The weather is so changeable in the UK at the moment isn't it? One minute it's raining then it's snowing, I'll be glad when Spring is finally here.

I've seen this Penny Black 'scented message' stamp used  in blogland and always admired it so I finally treated myself last week. I inked it up almost immediately and have been trying out different ways to colour and use it.  


For this card I used Promarkers and I do like the subtle colour of the flowers.  I stamped the image onto some pattered paper for the background and then used the largest Labels one die to cut it out, I then restamped the image onto white cardstock, coloured in the flower and then fussy cut around it. To add dimension I decoupaged parts of the flower (although you can't see this very clearly in the photo)




I can't remember what papers I used for the background they have been sitting in my scraps box for a long time. The ribbon is my new favourite - Sheer wrinkle edge  layered with  22mm guipure lace and dusty pink velvet ribbon. 



Stamp - Penny Black
sentiment stamp - Waltzingmouse
Ribbon and lace - Pretty Little Ribbon Shop

I'm entering this card into the following challenges;

Crafts and Me - Favourite colour Combo - Pink and Brown
Craft us Crazy - Get to Cutting - Grand Calibur
Pixie's Crafty Snippets - use up your snippets

thanks for visiting

Sarah x 

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty and feminine card.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, welcome to the Snippets Playground. And what a start - like you, I adore this stamp, our Jules uses it a fair bit and it's going to be a good investment for sure. LOVE the colours you used, and the lace and ribbons are a perfect finishing touch. Love the sheer wrinkle edge ribbon, not seen that one before - off to check it out right now :)

    Your link from the Playground took me to a November 2012 post, I'll sort that out too.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Sarah. I love all your pretty ribbon layers and the PB stamp you used is one of my favourites.....love how you decoupaged some of the flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I clicked your piccie at Pixie's Crafty Snippets, I was taken to a November 2012 post (which was a gorgeous card, by the way - loved the creams and browns and the tree were adorable!)... so glad I clocked 'home' and found his too - what a beautiful piece of art!
    Bubbles
    #21

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hasd the same problem as Bubbles...but i found you too!

    Great card. This is a wonderful stamp...I have been coveting it for a while now...you have done a lovely job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card with a lovely stamp.

    Hugs, AStrid.
    http://creaastrid.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete